"The difference between classy and trashy is timing and planning." - David Crowe

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Ta Da!


A while back I was reading through the blogs of those in my little social network. A common theme for a day or so had been everyone's love for to-do lists. This is something I use myself quite a bit. I don't utilize one every single day. But fairly often I'll write up a list for a day or a week. I find this especially useful when facing larger project. Just listing the project can be daunting and can lead to procrastination. I have found though that by breaking the project down to each little task (no matter how insignificant) and listing them out makes it much more manageable.

Anyway there is no need for me to walk you through what a list comprises. The purpose of my post is to talk about Ta Da Lists. This is a great little web app, created by 37signals, I use to make and store my lists. I found it about six months ago and keep find myself using it. The user interface is as simple as can be just type out your items and check them when you are finished. It is actually just some functionality from the companies project management web application Basecamp.

It may seem unnecessary, nothing you can't do with pen and paper. But once you try it, I suspect you won't be able to stop.

You also may want to try their online contact manager Highrise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home