"The difference between classy and trashy is timing and planning." - David Crowe

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Last Comic Standing IV

Did we really need a fourth edition of this show?

I'm not sure. I do really enjoy stand up comedy and so I do support anything that helps get comics on TV. I guess my real problem with the show comes from the fact that during the 'audition' shows they regularly toss aside long time veteran comedians who have been making a living at the art for years for newcomers with quirky personalities that would make better television. I watched about half of the two-hour first episode tonight and saw three comedians that I know have been at the business for a long time passed over, Jimmy Pardo, Larry Reeb, and Angel Salazar.

Then of course there is the problem that one of the judges clearly thinks he is funnier than all of them put together. Just hearing the one-liners he used tonight, he clearly is not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home