"The difference between classy and trashy is timing and planning." - David Crowe

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend Expectations

It was quite a weekend. A pretty difficult one in fact. I lost my grandmother. A wonderful woman who I loved deeply. As I stood in front of her casket Friday I thought about how she is one of the only people I have ever known who I never had a negative thought or feeling towards. My entire life, I cannot think of one occasion where I was mad, hurt, or dissappointed by her. She was the quintessential loving grandmother. For years I have dreaded the day that I would have to let her go. But that day came.

I will miss you grandma, I already do. I love you.

Beyond that, the weekend was interesting due how those around me reacted to the tradegy. I have always felt that it is in times like that, the hard times, that you find out who really cares. And that you should always give others the chance to disappoint you.

Sadly, I was disappointed this weekend at how certain some people who I had hoped would be there for me, were conspicuously absent.

Luckily, there were others who stepped up to be there for me. Some people who I hadn't expected to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home