"The difference between classy and trashy is timing and planning." - David Crowe

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just a few thoughts

The St. Louis Blues
I have been a supporter of most of what the new Blues regime has done since it took over. That being said, I was not too pleased with their trade deadline moves this week. I had decided a while back that if it came down to keeping Barrett Jackman or Bryce Salvador, my vote was for Bryce. There is little doubt that the Blues fans will like the hard-hitting high-energy local boy Cam Janssen. Nevertheless, the Blues gave up a top three defenseman for a fighter. I can't find any good reason for that.

I don't see giving up former first-round pick Christian Backman as such a big deal but, he has to be worth more than a fourth-round pick right?

What concerns me the most is that these deals are typical of the old Blues regimes. They seem to be panic moves. Those end-of-the-season, "We have to do something." moves. I really hope that those days are not coming back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home